The Dayville Merc opened in 1896. The town of Dayville was founded in 1913.
The Merc (short for Mercantile), is an old-fashioned dry goods store that sells 8,000 products, ranging from pasta to power cords, wool hats to whiskey, baking soda to blueberry jam. The Merc has had ten owners in its long history and is one of the oldest continuously operating general stores in Oregon. If there is something that you want the Merc to carry, just let us know.
The Merc would not be what it is without the hard work and commitment of the nine previous owners throughout the years. We thank everyone who has been involved with keeping the Merc going.
2019 – present, Scott Knapp and team
2014 – 2019, Simon Graves and family
2006-2014, Angie Moss and family
1989-1999, Gib & Glee Gregg
1973-1989, Mark & Elaine Reasoner
1967-1973, Dona & Lola Ripa
1930-1968, E.L. Knox (business operated by Harold Black for 40 years)
1896-1930, Billy Stewart, Bert Cummings and E.L. Knox